Ministry Purpose / Description: At Christ United Methodist Church we feel strongly that a consistent, loving, and nurturing presence in our nursery is a vital part of our life together. Therefore we are seeking someone to provide safe, secure, nurturing, loving, hospitable, clean, and efficient care to children ages 0-4 each Sunday morning during Sunday School, Worship Service, and at other times as needed. Ministry responsibilities include general childcare, playing with children and/or directing their play, reading to and praying with children, planning and leading an age-appropriate Sunday-School activity and exhibiting Christ-like patience and love to all who encounter the nursery ministry. This is a paid position.
Qualification / Requirements:
- Prior experience in child care required.
- Must enjoy children and have enthusiasm in helping them discover God’s world.
- Must be comfortable working as part of a team to provide childcare in a religious environment.
- Experience in Christian education for children is helpful.
- An adult (age 18 and over).
- High school education.
- Three references.
- Provide own transportation.
- Must pass a background check.
- Current certification in CPR for infants/children (or be willing to obtain – may be provided).
- Make sure room is clean.
- Sanitize toys, tables, diaper changing area, etc.
- Vacuum if necessary.
- Make sure room is safe.
- Remove any broken toys, small toys, hazards, etc.
- Greet parents and children at the door with a smile.
- Welcome new families.
- Be familiar with safety procedures.
- Provide loving, consistent and responsive caregiving.
- Plan and lead an age-appropriate Sunday School activity
- Maintain a clean environment.
- Provide a safe environment and ensure the security of children.
- Debrief with parents.
- Create schedule for caregiver staff, 2 months in advance, for Sundays.
- Keep attendance records for the infant, toddler and 2-4 year old rooms and submit to Pastor(s)
- End of each month; send out birthday cards to the children.
- Act as public relations person for the nursery.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to any scheduled shift and remain until all children are picked up by their parent/guardian.
- Sunday morning hours are 8:45 am to 12:00 pm or after nursery clean-up has been completed.
- Additional work days may include but are not limited to Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, an extended time on Easter and Christmas Eve, at least one month notice given for such events.
If interested please send your resume to Michelle Chuaprasert.