God uses times of change to bring great growth. The teen years mark a key transitional stage in life. Moving from childhood to adulthood is one of the most defining times of our lives! That’s where the Youth Ministries staff comes alongside parents—helping young men and women know God intimately, read His Word accurately, share and defend their faith, serve others, and develop deep relationships.
- Christ UMC Youth Facebook Group – Connect Online with our Facebook Group just for our Youth
- Youth Small Group Discussion – Youth remain in most of worship but toward the end after the message, they leave for a facilitated discussion about the message.
- Youth Group and Special Events – Activities for youth to join in fellowship. Partnership with Westside UMC. Weekly youth groups with programs, 5th Sunday fun day, and occasional other special events throughout the year based on Metro Area sponsored events and activities occurring in the region. Annual events include the Suttle Lake Winter Retreat.
- Confirmation Group – Yearlong group for youth in 7th grade and older. The purpose of this group is to have in-depth exploration of our faith and foster spiritual and ethical resources that youth will draw upon for the rest of their lives. The class ends with those who choose to being confirmed. Partnership with West Portland UMC.
- Youth Mission Trips and Opportunities – Opportunities for the youth to serve the larger community. Destinations vary from in-state to out-of-state.
If you are interested in connecting with a Life Group here at Christ UMC please let us know. We will send you more information about meeting times and connect you with a group organizer.